A guided cycling tour around a beautiful countryside town that introduces locations that cannot usually be accessed.
Hear the “Made in Hagi” story which introduces local sake, the rice and water ingredients, and methods of sake production.
✔ Guided Tour
Feel at ease while you “see,” “hear,” “touch,” and “taste” on this fun tour.
Themeal is full of local ingredients such as Mutsumi pork and sale-lees from Yachiyo Shuzo. You can also try Mutsumi sake rice, as well.
✔ Sake Production Story from Step 1
Start in the rice fields with an explanation of the sake rice and visit a brewery where the rice is polished.
Then at a sake factory, hear how sake is actually made while seeing it firsthand. You’ll even have special access to the inside of
the brewery that visitors are usually not allowed to enter. Experience the taste of water used and sake lees.
All the bikes are from the manufacturer, Giant, and provide a safe and comfortable ride.
There are low seat bikes starting at 145cm available, as well.
8:50 Meet and Greet with guide at Yachiyo Shuzo
9:15 Cyclying tour (sake rice field, Rice polish factory,
Unrinji Temple, water spring, etc)
11:30 Lunch at Mutsumi Kitchen Ba-ba
12:20 Cycling continues
13:30 Sake brewery tour and sake tasting
13:30 Finish at Yachiyo Shuzo
*Time are approxemite and course can be changed upon request
(Duration: 4.5 hours)
■ Meeting Point
Yachiyo Shuzo (3306 Kibeshimo, Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi)
<via public transportation>
– From Hagi Bus Cetner, take the Bocho bus to Kibe Bus Stop (35mins)
– 30 minute walk from the bus stop to Yachiyo Shuzo
* One-way bus far is 1,140yen. Buses are limited, so please be careful
– About 40 minutes from Hagi or Tsuwano (taxi fare approximetly 7,500yen)
– About 70 minutes from Yamaguchi City.
* inputing Yachiyo Shuzo into the navigation system will help
* Parking lot capacity is 10 cars
22,890 yen/group of 2, price per person
14,530 yen/group of 4 or more, price per person
English guide, rent-a-cycle, helmet, lunch, sake tasting
transportation to/from meeting point
Please inquire for pick-up transportation services.
For example, transportation from central Hagi is 8,000yen / vehicle
Days of notice prior to tour commencement
2 days 20% of tour price
1 day or less 50% of tour price
Reservations and Payments
Reservations required Days in Advance/7 days prior
Dates Available/Daily in March – November
Payment Type/Bank transfer, credit card
Minimum Participants/2 people
Maximum Participants/10 people
* 12 years or older AND over 145cm height are prefered
* All information is correct as of 31 March 2021
* Please bring something to drink, athletic shoes, and comfortable clothing
* Please refrain from wearing a skirt, wide bottom pants, sandals, and heels
* The tour will proceed with a little rain. If there is heavy rain or stormy weather, it may be cancelled. If cancelled, contact will be made the day before.
* Full body rain gear will be provided, but sizes are limited.
* Lunch may be changed to a bento lunch or difference restaurant based on the season and day.
3944-1 Fukuishimo, Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi